Early Years Action Plus

If your child does not make enough progress in Early Years Action, their teacher or SENCO should talk to you about getting extra help.

This could be from, for example, a specialist teacher or a speech therapist. This kind of help is called 'Early Years Action Plus'. External specialists may start by making an assessment of what is needed. Specialists advise on the IEP and sometimes teach or help your child directly.

 If your child needs a large amount of help or extra resources, your local authority may agree to provide this through Early Years Action Plus. They might also decide to make a statutory assessment. A statutory assessment (often known simply as an 'assessment') brings in a number of specialists to decide what extra help your child needs.See the Education section for a description of an IEP and the process of getting a statutory assessment.


Disabled Toilets: No
Wheelchair access: No